Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Jumping to conclusions.

As the title of this post suggests I'm going to jump to a few conclusions here based on very little evidence (ie the last day of ww2ol). It'll be almost like a Playschool post.

Last night (US Prime) we saw the numbers pendulum swing away from the Allies, it may have even ended up being on the Axis side though I cannot be sure. The Allies were, for the whole, on the defensive most of the night. When I checked this morning we had lost Diest, Willemstad, Haybes and at least one town in the deep south.

Why the big turnaround? Well as I noted in my last post, the BEF's re-awakening seemed to coincide with the introduction of the Spit IX. At the time I didn't believe the introduction of a fighter plane could have such an effect on ground numbers. Now I'm not so sure.

What did the Axis get last night? The FW-190. Coincedence? Well this is where I'm jumping to conclusions and saying maybe it isn't. Are more people logging on to play with the new toy and sticking around to contribute in other facets of the war? Or am I missing other factors like a planned Axis op or the like? It would seem unlikely given the state of Axis moral.

The other conclusion we can jump to here is that the French have made a large mistake by not researching any new toys this RDP round. More Shermans? Who cares? I think the French army proved quite capably in the last 4 or so days that we had more than enough Shermans to do the job. What you really need is the new toys to keep the players interested and logging in. Right now the French are still 2 RDP cycles away from the Lightning. This may get ugly.

All that being said I'm jumping to all these wonderful hypothesis based on the evidence of one night. This pretty much guarentees that I will be wrong, so I'll make a prediction too: With last night's effort and the French RDP situation the Axis will win this map possibly even before the Lightning can be introduced.

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home