Tuesday, October 12, 2004

More civ3, redsox and ww2ol ramblings.

Red Sox in 5. Schill closes it out with a win in Game 5 at Fenway. YEAH BABY!
I maybe the only Red Sox fan who didnt like the way the Sox won on Friday night. Trust me to find issues in a series win...I wish they'd won it 6-1 with Arroyo getting the win, he pitched damn well...in fact gave up less earned runs than Schilling or Pedro..woot. He's matched up against K Brown in Game 3.
Its kinda amazing how into this I get, right now Im an absolute bundle of nerves before Game 1 and 5 1/2 years ago I couldn't name a SINGLE player on the Red Sox...probably couldnt even tell you what town they played in. Now, well Ive become your typical crazy Red Sox fan. woot.

Civ 3 stuff - Going to finish my game. Persia and Rome have a mutual protection pact and are at war against Greece and Babylon. Doesnt concern me except for the large armies of Rome constantly tracking across my empire.bah.
So Ive decided screw it, Im going to war with Rome and Persia. This way it'll be more fun.
So here is the war strategy -
- Next 10-15 turns going to pump out mech inf, bombers and a few naval units for behind the lines invasions.
- Extend depth of fortress wall along Persian border and stock up with some more infantry with some arty/bomber support.
- Possible tactic - Sign Freedom of Passage with Rome and position armys next to important towns and resources (cut off his iron and rubber!). This is kinda cheesy though. Id rather go with seaborne invasions along his coast supported by carriers and BBs.
- Revolt government to Communism for war time.
- Hold off Persia while striking at Rome. I share a short border with Persia that I have fortressed off so Im confident that I can hold em at that line indefinately. I share a bigass border with Rome running roughly W to E (he is to my South) that cant really be defended passively. I will move out at least 5-6 army groups, using armies where I have them to strike for his bigger cities. I will also have at least 3 naval invasions take place along his border aiming for critical resources to his production of units (espcially inf).

It'll be long and bloody but I'll win. In my 10-15 turns of buildup hopefully Persia-rme will take a large chunk out of Greece-Babylonian so I can roll them up easy enough later.


Anyway onto ww2ol ramblings -

Still no rank gain in FAF, had one sortie and I got done by a 109...even with 6 other FAF fighters on his tail..thanks guys! no really thanks! blah.

For some reason I've lost ALL ability to hit planes with a CMLE. Dunno whats wrong cause everyone else is hitting them fine...and I mean not even damages Im talking despawning with NOTHING listed as hit. Still there's nothing prettier than watching a JU lose a wing overhead and plow into the ground...fun fun.

6pdrs have HE, man the Axis must hate that. Ive already advanced the idea that we should now let the Axis get the 3H just so that we can pwn it and make them cry.

Another RDP prod update. Hey Gophur?! WE DONT CARE! Enough with the FRICKIN BORING RDP UPDATES give us some real news..please.

Killer's still rambling on about mobile truck spawning. Interesting. The one thing that was interesting was that he was talking more about having ppl spawn all their equipment in ...attack/defend then battle over...not spawn in attack, respawn respawn respawn...A move to the more set piece battles that I'd like to see.
The bad news is that he thought that vehicle numbers would have to be raised to accomadate this.

'NOnonononoNOnNONONNONONON' We dont need more vehicles really, let them play infantry. pleASE.

And thats it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home