Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Blowing your wad.

Sunday night, bad night for me in the Dewo. Not for lack of targets, just my own general suckiness.

French were setting up for an attack on Cassel so I went looking for targets in and around. Ended up flying all the way to Lille, nothing htere at first. Finally I caught a 110 taking off, dived in behind him, burst of 20mm and a flaming we will go. Only mission success of the night.:P

Came back to Lille to find a JU low just after takeoff..woot! I thought...Dive in, burst of 20mm...suddenly theres another red circle in front of me...another JU...keep going burst of 20mm...and another red circle, again a JU, this one is turning and rams me. #$%%$@!!!! I got 3 JU damages...#$!^^%$!!!1*^. Im really tired of JU pilots who use ramming as a tactic, they do it a lot.
Though I guess if I was a Blen Id do the same thing, learning to avoid those headons from now on.

Anyway I found another Dewo and went hunting east of Cassel again...and let me digress here for a second. At the time the attack is going fullscale on Cassel and we have plenty of FAF/RAAF flying Cap over town (st. omer is one town west) but theres no EA overhead. So im telling them CONSTANTLY over text, 'Come East , interdict planes coming from Lille!, get the Stukas before they can drop'..Cause lets face it if you let the Stukas come to within visual of the town they are going to drop their bombs I guarentee it. Of course the lemmings just kept circling over town as I headed east.

And 'lo and behold what did I find? A bloody gaggle of 7 Stukas!!! flying in formation (see post title)..Think I squealed like Korimus on TS and then almost lost it typing the report over text...
Anyway I line up behind one Stuka and gave him way to much cannon. He doesnt go down???...Some of the Stukas break off, I circle and line up another and run out of cannon on him...!#$!#!!! Talk about blowing your wad. I mged another and RTBed...

Mission Result: 1 JU damaged 0 kills. Some how I managed to shoot all my 20mm into one JU and it didnt even die.

ISUXISUXISUXISUXISUXISUXISUX...oh and actually it didnt matter because I took a mg round to the torso and crashed my dewo on landing. woot for me! :P~

Of course later I can hear the reports on objective...'Ju over town!, 110 over town! 109 over town!'

Yes its called interdiction you idiots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home